Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Spirit of Boise and Farmer's Market

Saturday morning I went with my roommates to the Spirit of Boise which is a hot balloon classic. A lot of landscapes done of Boise have the skyline filled with balloons because they've been doing it for the last 20 years. So the balloons are suppose to lift off at sunrise, so I got there a little early so I could watch them set up and fill with air. It was seriously cool! I loved watching them fill with air and then stand, but my favorite was when they went air born that first 20 feet or so. They had a Boise State balloon that had a blue football field and a rocket ship balloon! I really loved all the colors and it was hard to edit down my pictures.












I met my roommates there and then we walked downtown for the Farmer's market. They had some really beautiful produce (black berries and strawberries and peaches and necatrines) and some fun jewelry and art stalls. There's one section of the road where you walk and it has different motion sensers and will make different rhythmic sounds that is suppose to sound like the music of pedestrians. It was pretty cool. I bought some mini-donuts and a fresh mint limeade which probably hit my sugar quota for the week, but it was worth it! It was fun to mess around with my roommates.


No comments:

Post a Comment