Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

Happy Easter!!

This weekend for Easter I went to Payson to visit my Brown cousins. They're loud and fun and they tell GREAT stories, so I was really looking forward to it and I felt like I was up for anything. I thought I could share some of the highlights. First, here's a little cheat sheet on who's who:

Aunt Mary and Uncle Earl-- pretty self-explanatory :)
Scott & Jill (kids are David, Malynn, and Noah)
Alisha & Chip (kids are Maile, Livie, Tyson, and Haley)
Tamara & LaMar
Wendy & Shane
Katie & Jared

On Friday night Alisha and Tamara found this fun recipe for rice crispy treats except that instead of spreading them into a pan to cool, you shape them into egg. Then you dip half into melted milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips. They used M&Ms to separate the plain side and the chocolate side. You can decorate them with sprinkles or icing just like real eggs and they're remarkable sweeter than Easter eggs :).


Saturday was Malynn's baptism. It was rainy and overcast and I feeling irritated to get rain instead of sun, but it worked out GREAT in the end. For the baptism, all the families gather in the baptismal font room. As you can tell, we took up a lot of room, but the whole family is very supportive, so they were all there. Just in case you're wondering, that's 20 counting me! Someone gave a little talk on baptism and then the ward had all the little kids (it's Utah, so there were plenty) who wanted to could come up and sing a primary song.

WHEN I AM BAPTIZED
I like to look for rainbows when ever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
and I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
I want my life to be as clean as Earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again.

How perfect is that!? I'm so glad that it rained today!

I had a lot of fun with the little kids this weekend. Alisha's little girl, Haley, is petite and has this sweet chipmunk voice. While everyone was cooking and decorating rice crispy treats, I tried to keep her busy. We were reading a book called, Fangs. The book has three sections: Reptiles, Mammals and Insects and yes! it is as creepy as it sounds. :) She liked to repeat the names, so we went through the mammal section several times since I didn't think it would give me nightmares: Bear, Panda, Tiger, Leopard, Fox, Kitty :). But my favorite was Coyote. It turned out to be a little sing-song-y. Ki-yot-eeee. It was adorable!


Another great experience was hanging out at Scott and Jill's. We were just eating lunch after the baptism and Noah looks me. "Hi! I'm Noah!" How many kids do you know that introduce themselves?! Noah and I had some fun playing with foam swords that the Easter Bunny left. We'd fight for a few seconds and then he'd fall to the ground dead even though I hadn't touched him. Then he'd count to three and jump up and spar again. What a funny kid!

All in all a great weekend. Oh, I heard at church yesterday that the Church put together a four minute video for Easter and it's wonderful! Here's the link in case the video doesn't work here. Nothing like taking some time to remember the reason for the season!

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you have a beautiful Easter! Spending time with family is the greatest way to remember the purpose behind the atonement...so that we can all be together with our families forever someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww . . . thanks for sharing your weekend! I plan to share mine . . . as soon as someone shares their photos. Yep. My sister got married and I didn't take my camera. :( I was too busy remembering other things. It was great though. We missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that picture of the flower. I think daffodils and tulips are my favorite flowers because they are so brave and are always the first thing that reminds me of spring. Sounds like you had a wonderful Easter. We love you Sweet Cindy!

    ReplyDelete