Thursday, May 21, 2009

California Dreamin'

This last winter, I decided I couldn't take the snow anymore. In fact, it was a lot like that song, California Dreamin’…

All the leaves are brown
And the sky is grey
I went for a walk
On a winter's day
I'd be safe and warm
If I was in L.A.
California dreamin'
On such a winter's day

Except that it doesn’t mention the snow (all two and a half feet of it!) or how I kept getting my car stuck (seriously six times in one week!).

So, I booked a flight to visit my good friend, Liang, for Memorial Day in sunny California. She lived in Burley for less than six months, but in the short amount of time we became close friends.

She got baptized…
We became Gilmore Girl buddies
(this is my birthday so we had Martinellis)…
And we sandwiched in a 24-hour road trip to Salt Lake City…
Of course, after she moved back to Cali and she announced she was getting married, I squeezed in another road trip…
Now, two years later and I’m in need of some serious sunshine. Here I am after work and ready to drive to the airport. Do I look excited? I feel excited!
Because Delta charges $15 to check luggage, I tested my packing skills to see if I could it all into a carry on. And boy!, did I! My level of nerdiness reaches an all time high when I pull out baggies in my purse for my airplane snacks, my liquids, and my toiletries for the carry on. And yes, they’re labeled :).
Stay tuned for more on my California Dreamin’ weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I'm glad you get to spend time with a dear friend in the Sunshine State! Have a wonderful time! Can't wait to see picutures of your little vaca. Love you Sweet Cindy. Be Safe!!!

    ReplyDelete