Thursday, January 1, 2009

May ol' aquaintances be soon forgot

Opps. I'm pretty sure that's NOT how the song goes but at the moment I'm stumped for the correct words :).

New Years Eve was a quiet affair at Mom's house with just Mom and Dad, Chris, Tricia and myself. We tried out Chris's new George Foreman grill and Tricia made paninis. Talk about yummy! I think it's all about the bread because she found this really great rosemary bread that was just perfect.


Chris had bought a 1000 piece puzzle for the night thinking that after our last catastrophe with our brain numbing 500 piece blue beast that we were up to anything, but after three hours Chris and Tricia dropped out for a couple of rounds of Sorry! and Zonk. I'm not sure if it was the 28 windows in just one house or the trees all the exact same color, but this one was a doosy!
Three puzzles in one week was a bit much for me so I joined them for their last game of Zonk. I didn't do so red hot. :)

I'm not sure if I'm getting old or if it was because I had to show up to work at 8:30 am that morning, but after I toasted the new year with my martinelli's and my family, I went home to my bed. Nighty night! And Happy New Year!

4 comments:

  1. Brent and I were tucking ourselves into bed at midnight, so you were more wild and crazy than me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niblets and I celebrated new years at 8 with our party harts, poppers, and bubbly...then I went to bed and and the 2,4,5 and 6 year olds stayed up till midnight. How sad is that?

    I'm gald you had a fun start to the new year. When the weather gets less homicidal we need to resume our temple tripping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was WAY off. Not just a little bit, a tiny morsel, or a half a bubble off :), but very, very wrong on the Auld Lang Sign song:

    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should old acquaintance be forgot,
    and old times since?

    For auld lang syne, my dear,
    for auld lang syne,
    we'll take a cup of kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

    ReplyDelete