Friday, December 4, 2009

The Reason for the Season (Part 1)

Each year, I try to look for ways to add the Reason for the Season back into my Christmas celebration.  I think it is too easy for me to get caught up in the shopping and the decorating and the parties and forget that the center of Christmas is Christ. The funny thing is that once you start looking for the Reason it is easy to find. 

This week we had a Christmas Relief Society dinner.  As a service project they brought Books of Mormon for us to write our testimonies in then we'll send them to the missionaries serving from our ward.  They ordered enough Books that we could give them away as well. As I started to write my testimony, I was struck by how simply and strongly it came. After all, at this Christmas time when all our thoughts turn to the birth of Jesus it is an opportune time to share a testimony of the divinity of God. So in this spirit, I'd like to share my testimony with all of you. 

I know God lives and he loves us. I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. He is my elder brother who loves me. He suffered for my sins, and I am so thankful for him! I believe the words in the Book of Mormon will lead us closer to him. I have gained so much peace and strength and comfort in my life by following these teachings. I would encourage you to read it, try it, experiment upon the word and see the blessings flow into your life. I will be forever grateful for a loving God.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you Cindy for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the great things about this time of year is how we are reminded of all of the gifts and blessings we have been given...like our testimonies. Thanks for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete