Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Reason for the Season (Part 3)

I love the giving part of Christmas! It’s so much fun to find the perfect gift, to surprise someone, to share some Christmas cheer or to give back to the community. I've been looking for ways to contribute and provide service during this Christmas season and at our Christmas Relief Society dinner they had cleaned out the RS closet and found all sorts of stuff including fabric and yarn for quilts. They had the quilts done up in kits, and all we needed was the batting. I picked a cute little blanket that is small enough that I could do most of the work myself and make it a personal Christmas project. Mom helped me get my baby blanket up on the frames, and it took me a little less than two hours to tie it. During the First Presidency Christmas Devotional, Mom pinned the edges and I was able to hand stitch the finishing edge. I finished it this week and feel pretty excited about it! This was a great experience for me not only because I was able to participate in the Blanket Drive for the Helping Hands Mission, but also because I got to work with my Mom.  She's a pretty special lady that is willing to give her time and experience in helping me develop the Reason for the Season this Christmas holiday.  Thanks Mom!



1 comment:

  1. My favorite part of Christmas is the giving part too. That is such a neat quilt and especially that you made it with your mom. I think she is a very special lady too.

    ReplyDelete