Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Reason for the Season (Part 4)

I love Christmas songs!  I think I would start playing them after Halloween if I didn't think people would shoot me :).  I signed up this year for Stake Choir for the Stake Christmas Fireside.  We sang six songs and many were accompanied by a small six piece orchestra, so they sounded really cool.  We also had a wide variety of performances like a children's choir and a solo by Janine Taylor and a song on the organ and ten teenagers on violins.  It was quite the night! 



I keep thinking of something someone said today.  He said that he hoped we could sing like herald angels to help people remember the meaning of Christmas.  I think in my quest to remember The Reason for the Season that was my goal.  I hope that Christmas can stay with us for a little longer.  That we really can remember the meaning of Christmas and keep that gentleness and love with us.  I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, and God bless us everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I really, really missed singing with the choir this year. Blast my defective larnyx! Thanks to both you and Chris for the beautiful blanket! I am lovin' it! I hope your Christmas was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look smashing in that self portrait. It should be your new profile pic.

    ReplyDelete