Monday, March 28, 2011

Treasure Hunt

Saturday, my friend, Marci, called and asked me if I wanted to go geocaching with her family. I've never been before but always thought it would be cool, and it is! They picked a spot approximately eight miles to the West. So we took Highland Avenue, and then drove through Heyburn, and then through Rupert, and then followed Baseline out toward the freeway.  How about that for ironic?!  It’s fun, though, to drive through the country. We saw winter wheat as well as both cows and horses.  It was really a pretty evening even if it was a bit overcast.  Once we got about a mile away from the geocache we started winding our way back and forth and round and round on some dirt roads. In the meantime, I got some pictures of our group and passed the camera around for the little girls to take a few too :). We finally found the right road when we turned towards a little pond.  We had to crawl into a clump of trees and I found a box at the base of a particularly branchy tree.  The girls got to trade some knick knacks we brought for some new toys in the cache.  Ellie picked a little book and Amber found a little Care Bear key chain.  I sure had a great time! Thanks for having me :).


Photography by Amber
Photography by Ellie





1 comment:

  1. I just read a book where they do this. If not, I would have had no idea what you were talking about. I am so 90's.

    ReplyDelete