Saturday, July 11, 2009

Mackley Family Reunion: the pre-show

I wish I could show you a picture of what it looked like when I came home from work Friday afternoon and walked out onto Mom and Dad's back patio. Let me set the scene... It was a hot day and excitement was in the air. Mackley reunion was upon us and people were coming from near (in my case, just across the street) and far (in their case, from far away Washington state) to join the trek south. You know those mind pictures you take when everything is perfect? I got off early on Friday so that was extra perfect and then I headed over to Mom's house since the Mackleys had just come into town. They were sitting out on the deck laughing. I love Angela's laugh. Her son Jacob is just like her, "That's so funny!", he would say. What's more perfect than hanging out with friends that think your funny?! And, really that's Mackley Reunion in a nut shell... friends and laughter.

Early Saturday morning we got up and drove to Utah and Chris and I joined Uncle Bill, Aunt Kathy, Angela, and Jacob as they toured Salt Lake City. Chris loves to play tour guide to show people her favorite spots and she has quite a few: the Joseph Smith movie at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, Temple Square, the visitor's center and the Christus, the Church History Museum, and the Conference Center. I was sure to wear my good walking shoes and we sure broke in my new ankle on Saturday!

Here are a few of the pics I am able to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment